Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Companion, Laz

So the other day, Andy (my boss at US-CDC Lao) and I got out of a meeting really late, around 7pm, and it was already pitch dark. Getting my Frankenbike back from the 1000kip bike-sitting service (2000kip for motorbikes) near the U.S. Embassy is another story, but Andy was in a rush to get home. He cried, "I have a family to get home to!!! Do you have anyone to go home to? A cat, or a mouse?"

Well, no. No cat or mouse. But I did come home to find a plump new little friend whom I'll call Laz. I'll see if I can catch Leo and Lulu on film for you as well, but they're much scrawnier.

I don't see how Laz keeps himself so well-fed, seeing that the maid service is fanatical about keeping my room clean. I'll put up the "do not disturb" sign because I don't want them changing my towels and pillowcovers every day, but then they'll call before too long (even to my office!) to get in. They're just watching out for me, but it's still a bit excessive.

No comments: