Monday, October 13, 2008

One Week Work, One Weekend Play

After one week of work, I'm already taking vacation. Now how about that!

This week is local holiday in Vientiane with the end of Buddhist Lent on Tuesday and Boat Racing Festival on Wednesday.

And Monday, well, I've still got to celebrate Christopher Columbus "finding" the land to which my parents immigrated more than 500 years later and that fostered the destiny to send me to Laos on its behalf, right???

So, I celebrated by going to Luang Prabang, former royal capital and one of Laos' two UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and nearby Nong Kiaw Village (pictured above). I must credit Dave for the idea of visiting these spots. He can't work yet due to visa issues, so why not travel in the meantime? And what better way for two freshly minted falang to explore Laos than to do so together blithely?

For your sake and mine, I will split up this blog entry. Stay tuned for the details!

No comments: