Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Last Day at CARE

But doesn't mean last day of WORK! CARE Lao is virtually on holiday for the rest of the year, and so...so am I! Today was my last official day sitting at CARE, but it was rather anticlimactic since I've been caught under the weight of an insomniatic cough and confusing sampling statistics. Last night's cold medicine didn't wear off till 4pm today, so today was a bit of a blur.

We did eat a special lunch to celebrate the holiday as well as my farewell. And the AI team got me a beautiful handwoven scarf (presented by Mel above). I even got a wedding invitation from one of the Lao staff, but I probably won't be able to go. Sad. And I myself presented CARE with a number of "presents," not to be read "castaways." The AI team was happy to accept my motorbike helmet, and by the end of the day, it had been adopted into the inventory family (note black sticker!).

No comments: