Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Official Business 2.0

CDC/CARE Vietnam invited me to go talk about my work in Laos as they prepare for their own health seeking behavior assessment. It was a great meeting and definitely a two-way exchange. Not only did they get a solid start to their assessment, but I also went away with a few ideas to improve our own project in Laos.

I went a few days early to look around the city, and here are about 70 photos of my sightseeing in Hanoi. David was meeting his roommate Jessica coming over for a visit, so it was perfect timing for all of us. Photos include sights of Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum, the Temple of Literature, the Water Puppet Theater, Hoan Kiem Lake, and lots of food!!


A number of people warned that I might not like Hanoi or Vietnam, but on the contrary, I found it quite refreshing. In comparison with Laos, Vietnam is a lot rougher around the edges, but the bustle of the city is fresh, and the Old Quarter is a throwback to the old days.

No comments: