Friday, December 12, 2008

Official Business 1.0

Tomorrow I am traveling to Hanoi, Vietnam for my second official trip. I will provide consultation to CDC/CARE Vietnam as they plan to do a similar health seeking behavior assessment.

Below are photos from my first official trip out to our field site in Sayabouli Province, northern Laos, to gather village information for the protocol and questionnaire. Sorry no captions yet. It’s taking multitudes longer than my trip out there to upload these photos online.

Day 1: My flight from Vientiane Capital to Sayabouli Town, the site of our CARE project office and just getting situated before our travel into the mountain villages. We had to bring all of our own food into the villages since they suffer food shortages for six months out of the year.



Day 2: Travel to the field site office in Doikao Village, a 3-hour 60km drive out from Saya Town. These are just the 63 best photos. ;o) Note the poor road conditions. Thank you, donors, for funding those 4-wheel-drive trucks. Money well spent! We got into Doikao before sunset so were able to get a tour of the village from the office guard.



Day 3: The one hour trek to get to Housaylot Village. My translator and I were accompanying the mobile health clinic (team 2) staffed by district public health nurses. Here is preparation of the pharmacy and vaccines for the haul and some lovely images of the hike over the mountain.



Additional photos forthcoming of the mobile health clinic, Day 4 with team 1, and our feast.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what kind of camera do you have? Lourdes, Lauren and I think your photos are of very high quality. :) And when do you come back? AND can you send me an exciting story for our IIU international update? ;)